RSS

Exercise balls and hot geeks

Photo Credit: Glamour
The idea for this blog post started with an exercise ball. I spend a LOT time in front of the computer and as a result have been experiencing a lot of back pain. My company issued ergonomic chair was useless so I was searching my head for an alternative. I then randomly remembered seeing Jessica Biel in the movie Stealth sitting on an exercise ball while typing on the computer (yes my mind works in weird mysterious ways). So I thought: Why not try it for myself? At this point, I also remembered reading somewhere that people do use it in place of a work chair (read: 10 Reasons to Use an Exercise Ball as Your Chair). My co-worker conveniently had a ball stashed in her cube (don't ask me why I just work there) and instantly felt relief the first few minutes I sat on it. (Bear with me...I am almost getting to why it had prompted me to write this post)

So unable to contain my joy at this discovery, I felt the urge to share it to world through Facebook/Twitter. To make my update a little more interesting I thought of linking a photo of some famous person. One of the most sexiest geeks immediately popped into my head. Marissa Mayer- Google's VP of Search Product and User Experience. Here she is as one of Glamour's women of the year for 2009 looking elegant on top of an exercise ball. Money quote from this article: “I do code all night! I am the stereotype, but I also break the stereotype.” Among her goals: to bring more women into technology and teach them to take chances. “Get in a bit over your head,” she says. “That’s how you grow and learn and stretch yourself.”

I just love it! Women who don't look like geeks but are not afraid to be geeks. They truly rock the world by breaking stereotypes. Here are some more featured in Wired.com's 2009’s Sexiest Geeks and Kotaku's Ten Most Influential Women In Games Of The Past Decade.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Grace said...

Why thank you! I find writing very cathartic. Do you keep a blog?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...