RSS

G-ography's New Geography

BREAKING NEWS!

G-ography has a new geography. As cliches go: new year, new look. I admit I have not devoted the time and the passion that this blog deserves. But as I go into this new year with very clear goals you are going to see a lot of exciting changes. These changes are part of the original vision I had for G-ography and I am making it happen!

Exciting Change #1:  LAY-OUT (imagine my hands moving around this blog Vanna White style) Notice that I chose a blogger theme that is more travel oriented. It's still a work in progress and I will continue to play around with the lay out. I am also in the process of figuring out how to add an About page on this blog. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this and what to write in it?

Exciting Change # 2: CONTENT This is a big one. One of the challenges I face as a blogger is delivering a focused content. I am a person with eclectic interests so a misconception that I had to dispel was that focusing meant sacrificing self-expression. So not true. I now realize that I can still express my eclectic ideas without being all over the place.

So I brainstormed and came up with a solution that will allow me to have focus yet still be my eclectic self. This effective solution is called creating sections. Yes, moving forward I am launching fun little sections inspired by my NNP: Next New Project one. This will also be an easy way for all of you to hone in on subjects that interest you the most (my posts will be labeled and tagged appropriately).  I have a brief description of each section below so please read on! (P.S. Feel free to give me some feedback on the graphics and the titles. I'm all for making things better.)

Travel Therapy

Travel Therapy: The perfect cure to cubicle blues. This section will feature drool worthy travel destinations and bring you news on interesting things happening in the world of travel. I'll also be documenting any on the road travel that will guarantee to leave you on the edge of your seats (or at least in the vicinity of the edge of your seats).

vantage point 3

Vantage Point: It's all about being a nostalgic nomad. This section will haunt you with images and stories from my past trips. Part of being a traveler is being a storyteller and our stories seek to bring new perspective. This is the value that a vantage point offers.

F.O.B. Report

The F.O.B. Assimilation is the name of the game. As a foreigner abroad, it is important for me adapt to my host nation's culture. It is also very important for me to maintain my own identity as a Filipino. It may sound easy but it is a constant learning experience. This section will feature observations and commentaries on being a Filipina traveling, living and working outside of the Philippines.
tech_off

Tech Off: Because the geek in me has to be unleashed from time to time. This sections will basically feature any cool technology aside from travel gear. It could be a new apps, mobile device, computer hardware, console game, photo equipment or a social media site. Definitely blogger's choice =p

tsibog

Tsibog: Because food makes the world go round. I'm a foodie and a burgeoning cook so this section is a no-brainer.Watch out for recipes, photos and good eats!


Exciting Change # 3: INTERACTION Throughout the years I have mainly blogged for my family and friends. This time around I want to be active within the blog community. I genuinely would love to connect with people who have the same interests and passions. Travelers of the world unite! If you have any suggestions on groups or resources-online and offline- I would love to read it! Drop me a line or two at gographyblog@gmail.com


TADA!!!! That's it. My trifecta of exciting changes ready for roll-out beginning 02/14/11!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...